Why should you use an email campaign to market your product or services? Don’t we get enough junk mail in our inboxes these days? The simple answer is: they work. Of all the online marketing tools available, email campaigns are one of the most cost effective , aggressive and efficient.
71% of mobile purchasing decisions are influenced by emails from companies. – Adobe
Reach Out and Sell Someone
Emails, as opposed to Search Engine Optimization (SEO) or Pay Per Click advertising don’t sit around and wait for you to seek them out, they reach out to touch you (or at least your inbox). Like the old cartoon of the vulture “Wait like hell! Ah’m gonna kill me something!“, emails are a form of “Push” marketing, seeking out the prospect, instead of Pulling” them when they happen upon your ad.
- Studies show that 58% of consumers start their online day by reading their emails. While only 20% begin on search engines and 11% check their Facebook pages.1 This means you are likely to be one of the first things on your prospect’s mind in a given day.
- 25% of the time spent by email users is on permission based email.2
- 42% of consumers said the best way to receive ads for sales and specials is via email.3
- 59% of email users spend more than 20 minutes a week with permission email and 27% spend an hour or more weekly.2
- 57% of (2 billion) internet users worldwide said they are more apt to buy a product in a store after getting a marketing email.4
- Especially in the mobile market, where email usage has increased to 41.6% of users are using email on their phones.6
If Email was a country…
Just how big is email usage? If email was a country, its 1.4 billion users would make it the largest country in the world. Bigger than China, bigger than the populations of the USA and European Union combined.5 With 6 billion people on the planet, 23% of the world is using email. There are 247 billion email messages sent per day (in 2009. That’s an email every 0.00000035 seconds.) with about 174 daily emails sent per person.
And all this means… what to me?
So what does this all mean to your company? Well, a large portion of consumers prefer to get offers via email and more than half of the 2 billion Internet users worldwide are more likely to buy after getting a marketing email and that same percentage check their email first thing every day. Even though email has moved down to the third highest Internet Activity behind Social Media and gaming, it is still a huge factor in people’s lives, with them spending about 8.3% of their day on email.
More than ever, compared to direct marketing, email advertising is far more cost effective as a tool in your marketing toolkit. If you are not using email campaigns as an effective marketing tool, you can bet your competitor is, taking away your market share. In fact about 95% of US online marketers currently use email metrics as another way to measure marketing effectiveness. With 74% of all US markets saying they plan to use email techniques in the next 12 months.7
How Can Your Company Use Email?
Maybe you are trying already and not getting great results. Maybe you don’t know where to start. Our Marketing Group (a division of Metheney Consulting) can help take your email marketing campaigns to the next level, getting results and driving traffic.
- Professionally designed email newsletters to match your branding and web site.
- Customized email templates to match different scenarios, markets, prospects, and situations for the best results.
- Consulting on content for improved Open and Click Through rates.
- Data mining results to tighten prospecting and messaging to increase sales conversions.
- Scheduling of a marketing calendar: coordinating social media, email and blog articles for a consolidated and integrated campaign.
Our Marketing Group (OMG) is the online marketing agency arm of Metheney Consulting, Inc., a Charlotte, NC based web development firm. While Metheney Consulting develops professional online marketing projects for clients on a project-by-project, on demand basis, OMG is retained at a lower monthly rate, to provide consistent, more long term solutions to businesses’ online marketing needs. Services include search engine optimization, pay-per-click advertising strategies & execution, email campaigns, web site maintenance and upgrades, and general Internet marketing consulting. You can contact us at 704-266-0568 or info@OurMarketingGroup.com to see how we can improve your online visibility and business efforts today.
To increase traffic to your web site, increase your revenue from your Internet marketing, or even have a more effective web site designed and developed for you, contact at .
Our sister division, Our Marketing Group, works the same type of marketing magic as Metheney Consulting, but works on a monthly retainer basis at a discounted rate. You can learn more about Our Marketing Group at our web site or call us at: